Wednesday 29 June 2011

The End of an Era

As the clock reached twelve noon on the 7th June, my last under-graduate exam had ended, there was no longer anything more I could contribute to my grade; it was now in the laps of the gods (or markers) to decided what I would be coming out of University with.

I felt the last exam, which had been on Soviet and Russian history, had gone quite well, but then there was never anyway to be able to tell for sure; I would just have to wait until the 28th June to find out!

With no more exams to take, me and Clare set off for our summer holiday to Barbados. 


Even though the Hurricane Season had officially started (!) the weather was perfect. We were only there for a week but we packed a lot in in that time!! We stayed at the 5* Crane Resort which was an amazing hotel, right on the beach, and we had a seaview from our hotel room and balcony. 

We also went to the fishing town of Oistins and ate all sort of fish like Flying Fish, Tuna and Marlin... we even ate Dolphin :P

The capital, Bridgetown, is very small but is very nice, and it was from there we went to the Kensington Oval cricket ground and to the world famous Mount Gay rum factory, where there was lots of testing to be done!!

The swimming pools at the hotel were great for relaxing in (and also posing on)!! It was  sad to leave Barbados as the people were all so warm and friendly and the country was so hot! 

Having got back to the UK, I had another week to kill until my results came out. In the end they released them a day early on the 27th ! And to my huge relief after three years of studying, worrying, balancing of time, procrastinating etc. I am to graduate Essex University with a 2:1 in Modern History and Politics!!  

I was very happy and relieved to have got it, although as it turned out, I had already secured a 2:1 before my first exam started as my Dissertation had already been give a 65 (not that I'm moaning!). 

The next era of my life is now about to start, on the 12th August to be precise, when I fly off to the PRC and become a fully ordained laoshi :P ...just a lot of Rosetta Stone to do before hand!

thank you, good night, much love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment